Friday, March 31, 2017

Creative Upcycling

This weekend I have decided to start some projects around the house on items we've been living with, but really don't like.
There is a brass mock chandelier in our living room which, in the 1980s, was the height of class. Now its just plain tacky tacky tacky! So I've decided that, despite having a gorgeous industrial style pendant ready to be installed, I just can't afford the electrician yet, so in the meantime, a coat of homemade chalk paint and some Edison bulbs might spruce it up enough to stop doing my head in.
I've got some gorgeous dove grey acrylic paint left over from some woodworking projects, and a bag of plaster of Paris in the laundry...so I'll give the brass a coat or two of this recipe, and see how it looks. Wish me, and my living room carpet, well!
Recipe:
⅔ cup acrylic paint
⅓ cup plaster of Paris
Water, to combine.
Method:
Mix well until smooth.

This cleans up in water and dries in 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment